Diorama – Final Assets Update

Hello! I would just like to go over the last props that I made for my diorama.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

I knew that I needed more props in my scene, and that I could make them very small. I created most of these props for the desk area. All of these assets were made in 3ds max and textured in substance painter.

44

It’s hard for me to explain, but I absolutely LOVE this map. I am very pleased with the results. I copied the same layers that I used in the substance painter project for my other map in order to add dirt, ink blots, and stray ink marks.

These two maps were made by taking screenshots from these websites:

http://www.geographicus.com/P/AntiqueMap/Thailand-japanese-1943

http://www.geographicus.com/P/AntiqueMap/Sulawesi-showa18-1943

I had to take screenshots of different portions of the map and stitch them together in photoshop. I had to do this because the original website doesn’t let you just download the full res image.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s